One of the most topical questions among pet owners is how to protect sofa from dog or cat? Of course, each pet is different, and not all of them are actually problematic. Even if your cat or dog is perfectly trained, some accidental tears, scratch marks, and hair are inevitable. One of the best solutions for such issues is purchasing dog and cat covers for furniture. There are also some other tips and tricks, which we will discuss in this article.
Living with problematic pets, however, requires various solutions for saving your furniture. Apart from buying a couch pet protector and covering other pieces, there are many things you can do. Choosing furniture made of animal-friendly materials is always helpful. It is essential to take proper care of your pets as well. This includes grooming and cleaning their paws regularly. Although, investing in pet covers for chairs and sofas is extremely convenient.
3 Steps to Take Towards Peace at Home
Here are the tips on how to save your furniture from misbehaving pets:
1. Buying Pet Furniture Covers
One of the easiest ways of saving your furniture from pets is buying a sofa protector. If a dog or a cat can interact with a couch or other furniture directly, it can be permanently ruined. Dog proof slipcovers create a convenient barrier between your pet and upholstery. People are often worried about making their furniture look bad in slipcovers, which is not an issue nowadays. There is a wide selection of covers for any type of furniture and in any color. The materials are also diverse, yet all of them can be cleaned easily.
There are various advantages of using furniture protectors from dogs:
- Scratching and tearing protection – pets love to sharpen their claws on any piece of furniture they can get to. This is why any dog couch cover protector is usually made of firm materials resistant to claws. In addition, even if the cover becomes damaged, the upholstery underneath will remain safe;
- Quick and easy cleaning – in most cases, slipcovers for couches and chairs are easily removable. This way, you can simply take it off and throw it in a washing machine. If your pet pees on the couch or leaves dirty paw prints, it takes a wash to fix the mess;
A variety of stylish options – purchasing a dog cover for sofa not only protects it from damage but opens new décor possibilities. Because the covers come in numerous colors, prints, and materials, you can refresh your room whenever you want. Instead of buying a new couch, just change it with a new look!
2. Selecting furniture made of animal-friendly materials
Even with a dog protector for couch, it is nice to take additional safety measures. Pet-friendly materials provide durability and allow for easy cleaning. Here are two of the most loved materials among pet owners:
- Leather – this material is extremely easy to clean up. Any smudge or other mess can be cleaned with a wet towel. Pet hair also does not stick to it as much as to other fabrics. Also, it does not absorb odors, which is important if we are dealing with pets;
Microfiber – this is a durable and firm material. It is normally stain-resistant and repels liquids to a certain extent. Microfiber is a good choice for pet owners, as it does not absorb much smell. In addition, experience has shown that pets are not interested in scratching this material.
3. Getting comfy beds for your pets
Even the best sofa protectors for dogs will not replace a nice comfortable bed for your pet. Buy a small bed designed specifically for your cat or dog and train them to sleep there. Having its own designated spot in the house might make your pet stop getting on couches and chairs.